Full Name:Rafael Alcântara do Nascimento
Bornplace:São Paulo, Brazil
Date of Birth:February 12, 1993
Age:24 as of 2017
Religion:Rafinha’s religious beliefs are not known.
Height:5 ft 81⁄2 in or 174 cm
Weight:71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Measurements:Rafinha’s body specifications may be –
- Mother: Valeria Nascimento (Former Volleyball Player)
- Father: Mazinho Alcantara (Former Footballer who won the 1994 FIFA World Cup)
- Siblings: Thiago Alcantara (Older Brother) (Professional Footballer), Rodrigo Moreno Machado (Cousin) (Professional Footballer)
Best Known For:Being part of the FC Barcelona’s team which won the 2014-2015 UEFA Champions League and the 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 La Liga trophy.
Do You Know These Facts:
- He joined the youth team of FC Barcelona when he was 13.
- Rafinha scored his first professional goal in a match against UD Salamanca.
- On June 27, 2013, Rafael extended his contract with FC Barcelona until 2016.
- After his contract extension with FC Barcelona, he was sent on loan to Celta de Vigo.
- On September 16, 2015, after a duel with Roma’s midfielder Radja Nainggolan, Rafael experienced an injury with a torn right anterior cruciate ligament. He underwent a surgery and was expected to be out for a period of six months.
- Despite being native Brazilian, Rafinha first played for the national youth team of Spain including for U-19. However in 2012, he shifted to the Brazil’s U-20 squad and appeared at the 2013 South American Youth Championship.
- Rafael scored his first goal for the Spanish national team on September 9, 2015 in a match against United States.
- Follow Rafinha on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.