Mary J. Blige
Singer, Actress, Songwriter, Model, Record Producer
Full Name:Mary Jane Blige
Nick Name:Queen of Hip-Hop-Soul, MB, Mary J
Bornplace:The Bronx, New York City, New York, USA
Date of Birth:January 11, 1971
Age:46 as of 2017
Height:5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight:145 lbs or 66 kg
Hair Color:Dyed Blonde
Eye Color:Dark Brown
Measurements:36-32-38 in or 91.5-81-96.5 cm
Dress Size:10 (US) or 12 (UK) or 40 (EU)
Shoe Size:8 (US) or 6 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
- Her beautiful deep voice
- Blonde hair
- Father: Thomas Blige (Jazz Musician)
- Mother: Cora Blige (Nurse)
- Siblings: LaTonya Blige
Best Known For:She is known for winning 9 Grammy Awards and for releasing 11 studio albums, including Love & Life (2003), Growing Pains (2007), The Breakthrough (2005) and probably the most popular one No More Drama in 2001.
Education:Mary Jane was educated at Roosevelt High School.
J. Blige Favorites:
- Food: Seafood, French food, English food, Italian food
- Word: Love
Do You Know These Facts:
- Mary worked as a Directory Assistance operator before she focused on becoming a singer.
- Mary’s mother has survived a knife attack by her neighbor.
- Blige was placed on the 69th place on the VH1’s 100 Sexiest Artists.
- She has implemented part of the movie Waiting to Exhale (1995) in the video of Not Gon’ Cry.
- Mary showed great passion about Led Zeppelin when she was a kid. She even performed one of their songs, Stairway to Heaven when she attended The Oprah Winfrey Show (1986).
- Matriarch Records is the name of the record label that Mary opened back in 2004.
- The musical group Just’Us was discovered by Blige.
- In 2010, Blige created a perfume with the name My Life which was placed on Home Shopping Network. The product was launched through Carol’s Daughter, a line of beauty products.
- Mary also launched sunglasses by the name Melodies by MJB. The new line was released in October 2010 and consisted of four styles and 20 different color options to choose from.
- Rolling Stones, Vibe and Time have chosen Mary’s album My Life (1994) among the greatest albums of all time.
- In mid 90’s, Blige achieved the Legends Award for her work of mixing both hip-hop and soul.
- Blige was ranked as number one on the Billboard’s list as the Most Successful Female R&B Artist of the past 25 years.