Full Name:José Antonio Reyes Calderón
Date of Birth:September 1, 1983
Age:34 as of 2017
Height:5 ft 91⁄4 in or 176 cm
Weight:78 kg or 172 lbs
- Aerial duels
- Holding the ball
- Siblings: Jesus Reyes (Brother)
- Mother: Mari Calderon
- Father: Francisco Reyes
Best Known For:Winning several UEFA Europa League titles, some with Sevilla FC and some with Atletico Madrid.
Do You Know These Facts:
- Reyes began his career at the youth team of Sevilla FC at the age of 10. He went through all youth levels with the Los Rojiblancos (The Red and Whites).
- Jose signed his first professional deal with Sevilla FC at the age of 16.
- Reyes shifted to Arsenal after he signed a contract worth somewhere between 10.5 and 17 million British pounds depending up on the success of the English club.
- In 2005, despite Jose lived with his family in England, he stated that the life in England was different than he thought before he transferred to Arsenal.
- Jose was part of a season-long exchange between Real Madrid and Arsenal before the start of 2006-2007 season. His team Arsenal switched him for the Real Madrid’s player Julio Baptista.
- He scored his first goal for Real Madrid in a match against Real Sociedad on September 17, 2006.
- In 2007, after Reyes passed the medical tests at Atletico Madrid, he signed a four-year contract for a price of 12 million euros.
- For the 2008-2009 season, Atletico Madrid sent Reyes on a loan to the Portuguese club S.L. Benfica.
- On January 5, 2012, Reyes again reached an agreement with the first club of his career, Sevilla F.C. Jose then penned a 3 year-deal.
- He appeared in the 2006 FIFA World Cup as a part of the Spanish national team.
- He won the 2003-2004 Premier League and 2004-2005 FA Cup with Arsenal.
- Follow Reyes on Twitter and Instagram.