Professional Basketball Player
Full Name:Andre Tyler Iguodala
Bornplace:Springfield, Illinois, United States
Date of Birth:January 28, 1984
Age:33 as of 2017
Height:6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
Weight:98 kg or 216 lbs
Measurements:Andre Iguodala’s body specifications may be –
Shoe Size:18 (US)
- Ball Handling
- Shooting of the dribble
- Siblings: Frank Iguodala (Older Brother) (Played College Basketball)
- Father: Leonard Shanklin
- Mother: Linda Shanklin
Best Known For:His athletic abilities such as high vertical jump and explosiveness. Andre is also known for his lock down defense and for being the 2015 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player.
Education:Andre attended Lanphier High School in Springfield, Illinois. After he finished Lanphier’s high school program, Iguodala decided to continue his schooling at the University of Arizona. Iggy played for the Arizona Wildcats during his freshman and sophomore years but left his final 2 years of college so he could enter the 2004 NBA Draft.
Andre Iguodala Favorites:
- Designers: Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Simon Spurr
- Watch Brand: Richard Mille
- Cook Show: Chopped
- NBA Players While Growing Up: Scottie Pippen, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill
Do You Know These Facts:
- As a kid, he was a fan of Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan.
- His father is born Nigerian and his mother is Afro-American.
- While in high-school, Chicago’s daily newspaper Chicago Sun-Times selected Andre for the Player of the Year award along with Parade All-American and Nike All-American.
- College coaches started showing interest in Iguodala when he won the AAU national tournament MVP award after in the finals he hit the game winning shot.
- He signed a National Letter of Intent to join Arkansas which he really liked because of their 1-3 system and the big gymnasium where the team practiced. In the end, he switched to Arizona because Arkansas coach Nolan Richardson got fired in 2002.
- Iguodala was his team’s MVP for the 2003-2004 season.
- He was picked as a 9th overall pick by the Philadelphia 76ers in the 2004 NBA Draft.
- In his rookie year, he made it to the All-Rookie First Team and played at the Rookie Challenge of the 2005 NBA All-Star Weekend.
- On August 17, 2008, Andre penned a new six-year contract with the 76ers for a price of 80 million dollars. The deal included 5 million dollars in bonuses.
- On August 10, 2012, Iguodala was part of a trade in which he was given to the Denver Nuggets. The trade also included Los Angeles Lakers, Sixers, and Orlando Magic.
- On July 5, 2013, Iggy signed a four-year contract with the Golden State Warriors worth 48 million dollars.
- He was chosen for the 2014 All-NBA Defensive First Team.
- He won the gold medal at the 2010 FIBA World Championship as a member of the senior national team of USA.
- Iguodala owns a foundation called Andre Iguodala Youth Foundation whose main purpose is to help youths through organizing sports actions such as basketball camps.
- Andre is a fan of video games, especially NBA 2K series.
- In March 2015, Andre was selected as a new Menswear Style Director of Twice, an online secondhand apparel outlet.
- Visit his official website @ mindofai9.com.
- Follow Andre on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.